Dutkiewicz Family Scholarship for Post-Graduate Study in Energy Research
The Dutkiewicz Family Trust has made a limited number of scholarships available for Master’s students who will register for the 1st or 2nd year of Master’s study in Energy Research.
Applications are invited from students of any nationality who have achieved a weighted average of at least 60% in the final year of the previous qualification. Suitable candidates must have demonstrated a passion for the study of energy.
The value of the awards is R35,000 per annum, tenable for one year only for students registering for the 2nd year of study, and for one year, renewable for one further year for students registering for the 1st year of study, conditional on satisfactory academic progress.
Conditions of Award:
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Have achieved a weighted average of at least 60% in the final year of the previous qualification.
- Ensure that the scholarship funds are used towards tuition, academic materials, housing and research project costs.
- Provide an account of expenditure of the scholarship.
- Repay all or part of the scholarship to the University of Cape Town should she/he withdraw from the course for which the scholarship has been awarded; deregister or fail to achieve the degree in the agreed time-frame.
- Provide a mid-year progress report in June 2018, reflecting grades achieved for mid-year examinations and/or comment by the Course Convenor/Supervisor on progress of the research project.
- Provide a full report on the year’s study including final results and a copy of the research project in December 2018 or January 2019. If the successful candidate does not complete the requirements for the degree in 2019, reasons for this and a new time-frame for completion must be provided, bearing in mind that the repayment requirement (for failure to complete in terms of the original time-frame) may have to be implemented.
- Submit a letter of acknowledgement to the Dutkiewicz Family Trust.
- Present the work and interim or final findings of the research project to the Trustees of the Dutkiewicz Family Trust.
- Undertake to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices on postgraduate funding.
- Where applicable students may be required to provide documentary proof to support information provided in the affidavit.
LATE AND INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
For enquiries please email email@example.com