Assistant Coordinator, Training and Capacity Development (TCD) Portfolio
Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Coordinator, Training and Capacity Development (TCD) Portfolio, for the African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI).
The ACDI is a strategic initiative at UCT that coordinates and enhances research and teaching on climate and development across departments and faculties. The main purpose of the TCD Portfolio Assistant Coordinator is to:
• Support the TCD Portfolio Manager with higher education programs and short courses
• Support the coordination of existing projects and courses in the TCD portfolio
• Support the development of new research, projects and courses in the TCD portfolio
• Act as liaison for incoming visiting students, interns and academics
This is a full-time, fixed term position for one year.
• Honours degree in related field, such as Climate Change and Development, Environmental Science, Geography, or Environmental Education
• 1 - 2 years’ work experience in a related field
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Advantageous experience includes:
• Experience in proposal writing, project coordination, administration, teaching or tutoring
• Knowledge of South African and African Higher Education contexts and student needs
• Experience of inter- and transdisciplinary research
• Assist in coordinating TCD projects, courses and programmes, such as international and local/regional student exchanges and internships, the MOOC, and others as they arise
• Support new research related to climate change education, training and capacity development
• Track funding opportunities and contribute to the submission of TCD proposals, including technical writing, proofreading, budget drafts, gathering partner input and support documentation.
• Maintain relevant monitoring and evaluation databases with regards to portfolio resources, activities and output information, as well as physical and electronic libraries of portfolio outputs
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with ACDI staff, students and visitors
The annual cost of employment is between R162 494 and R298 268.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Rabia Karriem at email@example.com:
UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo an assessment. Telephone: 021 650 5598 Website: http://www.acdi.uct.ac.za Reference number: E70631
Closing date: 14 July 2017
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract Black candidates UCT reserves the right not to appoint.