Assistant Co-ordinator - ACDI Research Portfolio
Applications are invited for the post of Assistant Coordinator – Research Portfolio, for the African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI). The ACDI is a strategic initiative at UCT that coordinates and enhances research and teaching on climate and development across departments and faculties.
This is a one-year PASS contract. The Assistant Coordinator will work as part of the Research Management Portfolio team – a unit that operationalises the research strategy of the ACDI through coordination, fundraising, and relationship development. The role is largely administrative, although there will be opportunities for the Assistant Coordinator to engage in the scoping of new research areas and to provide research assistance.
- Honors’ Degree in climate change, development, environment, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field
- 1 year of work experience in a similar field
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to work autonomously
- Desktop research and analysis skills
Advantageous experience includes:
- Applied and academic knowledge in climate change; development; environmental science; gender
- Work experience in fundraising, database management, monitoring and evaluation, and inter- and trans-disciplinary research methods
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Coordinator will be to:
- Assist with the coordination of the ACDI’s portfolio of research projects and related systems under the direction of the Research Portfolio Manager.
- Support the Research Manager to identify funding opportunities and develop proposals.
- Help to develop and maintain key relationships with UCT and external stakeholders.
- Assist Principal Investigators / Project Managers with ad hoc research.
The annual cost of employment, including benefits (where applicable), is between ZAR 174 681 and ZAR 320 639
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Rabia Karriem at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line. acdi2013
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Telephone: 021 650 5598 Website: www.hr.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E80208 Closing date: 21 February 2018
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black South African candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.